City of Kirtland
Trick-or-Treating hours for the City of Kirtland:
Monday, October 31 - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (We ask that all City resident households participating in trick-or-treating turn on their porch lights promptly at 6:00 PM and turn them off promptly at 8:00 PM or when the candy is gone, whichever comes first.)
Halloween Safety Recommendations:
- Choose non-toxic face paint and make-up instead of masks, but if masks are used, make sure they fit properly and have holes large enough for mouth and eyes.
- Choose costumes that are marked flame retardant.
- Wear light-colored clothing at night, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape or reflectors to dark colored costumes.
- Make props such as daggers or swords out of cardboard, rather than metal or wood.
- Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Avoid homemade treats from strangers.
- Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten. Check treats for signs of tampering before allowing children to eat them.
- Adults should accompany small and elementary school age children when they are trick-or-treating and send older children in groups.
- Adults and children should carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- Have children stay within the neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the children and become frightened.
The City of Kirtland wishes everyone a Happy Halloween!
City of Kirtland Newsletter
The City of Kirtlandpublishes a newsletter two times each year.
The City of Kirtland is located in Lake County in the northeast section of Ohio, approximately 22 miles east of the city of Cleveland, and about 5 miles inland from Lake Erie. First a township, Kirtland achieved village status in 1970 and was incorporated into a city in 1971. The City, with a population of about 7,000, is about 17 square miles and consists predominately of residential homes.
Road Update - Spring 2016
In our goal to keep the community informed, we are sharing the road plan for the 2016 season. Work is expected to begin in early May, weather permitting.
2016 Road Plan (PDF)