Kirtland Community Center & Pavilion
7900 Euclid-Chardon Road
Kirtland, Ohio 44094
In order to receive the RESIDENT RATE, the rental agreement must be signed in person by the resident, paid for by the resident with the resident's check or cash, and the name and address on the rental agreement must be the resident's. ID is required. The name on the rental agreement is the person legally responsible for the rental and must attend the rental function.
|Mon-Thurs (4:00-10:00 p.m.): $15/hour||Mon-Thurs (4:00-10:00 p.m.): $20/hour|
|Fri (4:00-11:00 p.m.): $20/hour||Fri (4:00-11:00 p.m.): $30/hour|
|Sat/Sun (8:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.): $20/hour||Sat/Sun (8:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.): $30/hour|
|For all rentals: $100 security deposit is required. Additional rooms are $10/hour|
- To reserve a date all fees are due in full at the same time. This includes the hourly rental fee and security deposit. The hourly rental fee must include time for set-up, arrival and departure of guests, and clean-up.
- A completed and signed rental agreement is required to be completed in person, in the office.
- Dates are not reserved without full payments. Dates are not penciled in or saved over the phone.
- All rentals are on booked on a first come, first served basis, as space is available.
- A $100 security deposit is required for all rentals. The deposit is refundable provided all terms of the rental agreement are met.
- The deposit is refunded by check through the City of Kirtland Finance Department. The check is mailed to the name and address on the rental agreement. Allow up to three weeks for a refund. Cash refunds are unavailable.
- Any damage incurred during the rental will be repaired at the renter's expense and deducted from the deposit.
Cancellation/"No Show" Policy
- The security deposit is forfeited if the rental is canceled with less than 30 days notice. If a rental is canceled with more than 30 days notice, a fee of $25 is automatically deducted from the deposit.
- If the rental party fails to show up, the entire security deposit and rental fee are forfeited.
- Should an unforeseen emergency arise and the City of Kirtland must cancel a rental, a full refund will be issued.
- The City of Kirtland reserves the right to cancel a rental for any reason. Every effort will be made to avoid such circumstances.
- A facility attendant (employee) will be on site for the entire rental period.
- The facility attendant is responsible for overseeing activities during the rental and providing access to necessary supplies. The facility attendant is NOT responsible for assisting the renter with set-up or clean-up.
- The facility attendant is bound by the terms of the rental agreement and is NOT authorized to make modifications.
- Renter will only have access to the rooms reserved pursuant to the rental agreement.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors and in the entryways to the building.
- Candles and fog machines are prohibited. Birthday cake candles are permitted.
- Exits are not to be blocked at any time, pursuant to the Fire Code.
- In the event that more than one room is rented simultaneously by different parties, or that soccer or baseball fields are in use, it is the responsibility of each renter to ensure that their guests do not interfere with other reserved spaces that are in use.
- The time required to set-up and clean-up is to be included in the hourly rental fee.
- Set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the renter. It's the responsibility of the renter to set-up all tables and chairs, receive all deliveries, and be present for hired vendors.
- It's the responsibility of the renter to return the room to the condition in which it was found.
- Should the rental extend beyond the time stated in the rental agreement, a fee of $25 per 30 minutes is deducted from the security deposit, as monitored by the facility attendant.
- If the rental ends prior to the time stated in the rental agreement, the renter is not reimbursed for the unused time.
- All rentals are a minimum of two hours, booked in full hourly increments.
Set-up and Clean-up
- Set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the renter. Tables and chairs may be arranged according to the renter's needs, but are to be returned to their original storage location.
- Clean-up includes:
- Cleaning tables and chairs.
- Vacuuming (carpeted rooms); dry dusting (non-carpeted rooms); mopping (as needed).
- Returning all tables and chairs to storage.
- Removal of all trash to the outside dumpster. (Trash bags are provided.)
- Removal of all food and ice that was brought in.
- If a renter fails to clean up after themselves, a fee of $25 per 30 minutes will be deducted from the security deposit for the amount of time it takes the facility attendant to clean up after the rental has ended.
- Nails, staples, tape, or thumbtacks may not be used to secure decorations inside or outside of the Community Center. Sticky putty is provided and may be obtained in the office. Artwork may not be removed or rearranged.
- Food may be reheated in the convection ovens. Cooking is prohibited (boiling water/baking/frying).
- Microwave, refrigerator, and freezer are available.
- All food and ice must be removed upon departure. Food/ice left behind is in violation of the Lake County General Health District regulations and is prohibited.
- Indoor rentals have access to the kitchen. If multiple rentals are occurring simultaneously, kitchen use will be shared.
- The Fire Code dictates the maximum capacity for each room.
- If the number of guests exceeds room capacity, as monitored by the facility attendant, the rental will either be moved to a larger space (if available) or canceled. Charges for use of additional rooms will be deducted from the security deposit.
|Seating Capacities - Guests seated at tables and chairs.|
|West Wing Rooms||24|
Tables & Chairs
- Tables and chairs are for
- All tables seat up to 8 people.
|Round||5 foot diameter|
|Rectangular||8 foot long
4 foot long
- The pavilion can accommodate approximately 80 people. It is equipped with charcoal grills, 12 picnic tables, fireplace, side walls, and bocce ball courts.
- An outdoor portable lavatory is available April through October. If access to restrooms inside is required, normal rental fees and policies apply.
- In case of inclement weather, pavilion rentals are NOT relocated indoors. The renter assumes the risk of changes in the weather with pavilion rentals.
- Pavilion reservations have priority over drop-in users. Otherwise, pavilion use is first come, first served.
|Mon-Fri: Free||Mon-Fri: $50 flat rate|
|Sat/Sun: $25 flat rate||Sat/Sun: $50 flat rate|
|For all rentals, $100 security deposit required.
Residency rules and rental policies apply.
Pavilion Rental & Use
Welcome to the pavilion at the Kirtland Community Center! The pavilion is equipped with charcoal grills, picnic tables, fireplace, side walls, and bocce ball courts. It is open to the community.
If a reservation sign is in this sign holder, the pavilion has been reserved for the stated day and time. The scheduled rental has priority over drop-in guests. Inquire within the office for availability or to reserve a date and time.
Kirtland residents wishing to use the pavilion for a private function may reserve it, as space is available.
Monday through Friday, reservations are free and on Saturday and Sunday the rental fee is $25. (The rental fee for non-residents is $50 throughout the week and on the weekend.)
A security deposit of $100 is required for all rentals. Any damage to the pavilion, its property, and furnishings will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the rental party.
An outdoor port-a-potty is available April through October. If access to restrooms inside is required, normal rental fees and policies apply.
Rentals are not relocated indoors in the case of inclement weather. The renter assumes the risk of changes in the weather with pavilion rentals.
Reservations have priority over drop-in users.
Renter, having first obtained approval from the Community Center Director (a designee appointed by the Mayor of Kirtland), may provide or allow the presence or consumption of alcohol, within the confines of the Community Center or the Pavilion, provided the alcohol is without fee or charge, and in strict compliance with all the laws of the State of Ohio and the City of Kirtland. Any function providing or allowing for the presence or consumption of alcohol must have a Security Guard present for the duration of the reservation period (see below). Renter must provide an adult bartender to serve alcohol to the adult guests. NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 21 CAN CONSUME ALCOHOL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. All persons must be able to prove their age to the Security Guard if asked. All guests must keep alcoholic beverages within the confines of the Community Center building or Pavilion. No guest may go outside of the confines of the Community Center building or the Pavilion, into the parking lot, or other outdoor areas, thereabout, with alcoholic beverages. Any person who cannot act responsibly with alcohol will be told to leave by the Security Guard. Any person may be removed for public intoxication or inappropriate behavior at any time and at the sole discretion of the Security Guard or the Kirtland Police Department.
The hiring of the Security Guard will be coordinated by the Community Center Director and Kirtland Police Chief (or designee). An "off-duty" officer must be present for the duration of any function at the Community Center in which alcohol will be served. A daytime function (ending by 6:00 P.M.), with fewer than 60 attendees is exempt from this requirement. Up to one hour will be exempt from this requirement to allow for set-up. No alcohol may be consumed during set-up. The Security Guard is required to be present from the moment guests arrive until the end of the reservation period. The cost of the Security Guard is $30 per hour and must be paid in full with cash when booking the rental. Payment for the Security Guard will be refunded in full if a rental reservation is canceled at least twenty four hours prior to the rental. The cost of the Security Guard is subject to change without notice. The Security Guard is the last person to leave the premises. Any renter that claims no alcohol at their function will receive a short, unannounced visit from the Kirtland Police Department to ensure no alcohol is present. Any renter who attempts to have alcohol present without a Security Guard present will risk having their security deposit forfeited and event shut down, as monitored by the facility attendant.
Drugs and Obscenities
Absolutely no drugs of any kind are allowed in the Community Center, Pavilion, or the outdoor areas thereabout. Renter is responsible for the overall behavior of all guests during the reservation period. Any obscenities, lewd, obscene, or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Any use of drugs or obscenities may result in the person(s) and or entire function being asked to leave the premises.
Gambling and Fundraising
Ohio law prohibits the use of the Kirtland Community Center for gambling purposes. If you have any questions as to whether your activity while in the utilization of the premises constitutes gambling, or games of chance, please check the Ohio Revised Code Chapter 2915 (for convenience on line refer to codes.ohio.gov/orc/2915) or the office of the Ohio Attorney General, Charitable Law Section, 150 E. Gay St., 23rd Fl., Columbus, OH 43215, phone (800) 282-0515. It is the responsibility of the renter to verify that the renter's activities, at all times while utilizing the Community Center premises, are in full compliance with the applicable gambling or gaming laws and signature to this rental agreement is the renter's acknowledgment of his/her or its acceptance of that responsibility and further constitutes a statement of renter's intention to, at all times while on the premises, be in full compliance with those laws. For-Profit fundraisers are prohibited. Any violation of the state or federal gambling laws on the Community Center premises will result in an immediate termination of its use and forfeiture of the rental fee.
Photos of Rentals
Pavilion shown above
Newly remodeled Addition West shown above
Newly remodeled Addition East shown above