For more information, please contact the Service Department at 256-1234.
On April 8th, the Kirtland Service Department will begin brush pick-up throughout the city. The program is intended to assist residents with the annual spring clean-up of branches and twigs that have come down from the inclement winter weather. The program is NOT intended to assist with clearing a parcel or substantially clearing trees on a parcel. City trucks will pass only one time through each ward, so please have your brush and tree limbs out by the start date listed for your ward.
2019 Brush Collection Schedule
Ward 2 – Week of April 8
Ward 1 – Week of April 15
Ward 4 – Week of April 22
Ward 3 – Week of April 29
Requirements For Brush Pick-up
- Brush should be placed at the edge of the road and not in the drainage ditches. Please keep the ditches and drains clean of debris at all times
- Brush should not exceed three inches in diameter or a maximum of four feet in length
- Brush must be bundled with twine and not exceed 30 pounds
- The entire brush pile must not exceed 10 feet in width
- Unacceptable items include: stumps, shrubs, ornamental grass, and Christmas trees
- No brush piles will be picked up if these requirements are not met
Drainage Ditches – A Reminder to Residents
Please remember that leaves and other debris should not be dumped or allowed to collect in drainage ditches. An accumulation of leaves or other debris can plug drains and lead to flooding. Residents are responsible for maintaining any drainage ditches on their property.